Monday, May 26, 2008

I WANT TO BE THE GUY!!!!

So… I want to be the guy… I found a video of this game on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEK7vP0Nwn0&feature=PlayList&p=81C5092E1BFB5DE6&index=0

It seems like one of the most ridiculous games I’ve ever seen. The graphics are horrendous (they taken from old NES sprites), but the music is a mix of old NES songs that really starts playing on the nostalgia strings. The levels are taken straight from old NES games with lots of spikes and other frustrating hazards added in.

A lot of the boss fights are actually copied from Super Metroid. The best way to describe this game is as a compilation of old NES games made to drive the player insane with fury. I tried downloading the demo and gave up after about 2 minutes of playing.

While the normal man may never get to play through the whole game, there exists a plethora of videos of complete runs. Games that I recognized were Megaman, Mario, Super Ghosts and Goblins, Zelda, Tetris, and Street Fighter. It is really enjoyable watching how frustrated people get playing the game. Admittedly, for my own safety, I should stay away from this game because my frustration could get to the point of breaking things.

The storyline of the game is a typical game storyline. You are a character trying to be (The Guy), so you travel through the NES worlds defeating bosses. Once all the bosses are defeated, you gain right to enter The Guy’s fortress. This game could be thought of as a parody of NES games. Directly taking some levels and just making them unbearably difficult. Also, the dialogue is so bad that it’s funny. The creators most likely did this on purpose.

While I would never recommend this game to anyone but my enemies, it is an enjoyable, albeit, long watch that consists of around ten different parts on Youtube. If you are ever bored enough, give it a try. It’s difficulty almost rivals the Kaizo Mario stages.

No comments: